Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, Valentine's Day has come and gone...thank goodness it is over though I have a funny story that goes along with it! Valentine's Day was Saturday and I had worked Friday night and was sleeping on Saturday, when the kids woke me up and said that someone was at the door. (cory was working) Anyway it was our local florist with what appeared to be a dozen red roses, WOW I thought, Cory actually got me flowers... hmmmm... well the florist got to the door and said, "Brooklyn" when I answered... "nope, not me" so I went and got Brooklyn and she accepted the flowers from her boyfriend! Her 13 year-old boyfriend!!! So my soon-to-be 13 year old got a dozen roses and her 33 year-old, married for 13 years with 4 kids, mother DID NOT! Well, at least one of us did right?! I told Cory about it when he got home and he says to me, "you told me years ago not to get you flowers because they just die to get you something else that will last longer!" True, BUT when the florist is walking to the door with a dozen red roses that you assume are for you, you forget what you said years ago!!! lol He then asked Brooklyn if he could buy a couple from her...lol! We did go out to dinner on Sunday and then he bought me new sheets for our bed....something that will last longer!!! lol!

No comments: